Just the Facts:
- B.S. degree from Texas Tech University
- Graduate study at UTEP and Texas Tech
- Continuing education with wide variety of courses since formal education
- Business background in teaching, training, management and sales
- Started own business in 1990
- Changed business name to MaxImize in 1994
- Moved to Austin in 1996
- Have run and evaluated thousands (and thousands) of assessments
- Continue studies related to assessments at two to three workshops
- Certified in a number of related programs including Certified Professional
Behavioral Analyst and Certified Professional Values Analyst.
Details - The Personal Side:
Growing up in Snyder, Texas (halfway between Abilene and
Lubbock) left me wanting to find a place where the trees
are taller than 15 feet and the wind didn’t blow all day.
However, the older I have gotten – no comments are needed
here - the greater appreciation I have for West Texas people. They
just seem to have their feet firmly on the ground….. maybe
all that wind was an advantage.
My underlying goal is to make a difference…a positive
difference...in the peace of mind of the business owner, in the morale
of the team, in the success of the individual and in the belief/understanding
I have known a lot of people over my nomadic adult life.
My ex-Mr. Wonderful was a military officer. This allowed me great
opportunity to live on both coasts, several states in-between plus
various places in Texas and an adventure in the Middle East. I found
good friends in every location and discovered no matter where it is,
there is at least one bad thing about the weather. It became very
evident I wanted to go back to Texas and Austin was my top pick.
I have lived in Austin almost double the time I have lived
anywhere else since leaving Snyder. While I still enjoy the
opportunity to travel, you would find it hard to talk me into moving
Another advantage of the military life, was exploring various
work situations. This left me with very broad business experience
and empathy for the small business owner.
I love working with the assessments and helping business
owners make better hiring decisions. One of the draws to
the assessment world when I started was seeing this work could help
with the business environment and had the great possibility of a positive
impact on each person’s individual life, too. WOW. Two for the
price of one. I continue to enjoy this benefit and positive feedback
Now you know.